I haven’t done a year in review since the close of 2014. A LOT has changed since then and it’s the only reason I’m going to write one for this year. So where do I begin?
- Well, I started my year off with a bang when I discovered that I had a goiter growing and eventually I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s and Hypothyroidism. While my health has seemingly knocked the wind out of me, and taken me for quite the ride; I am proud of myself for still fighting albeit fatigued; but still fighting.
- I celebrated 8 years of marriage with my husband! It is incredible to me that I have been married this long. I am a person who never thought I would be married. I have made so many missteps along the way as he has as well; but we’re still going and I definitely count that as a blessing. I know in my heart that Jehovah God has everything to do with that.
- This was also the year that I decided to step out on the ledge and fully commit to including plus size fashion in my blog! I also bought my domain name this year too! To start my introduction officially into the plus size blogging arena; I attended my first event as a blogger at the TCF Style Expo 2017!It was an incredible opportunity and things have not slowed down yet.
- My rainbow baby turned 1 this year! He is absolutely a miracle in every way. To think that the last review I had written in 2014; I was still lamenting the loss of Jordan. Now 3 years later I have a 1 year old that I carried to full term. I will never know why he made it and she did not; but at this point it doesn’t even matter. It is an amazing and completing feeling.
- This year has also been a real eye-opener to what self love and self care is. That love of self was truly put to the test when I reached my highest weight, and my body began to alienate me with all the debilitating symptoms of illness. The days I’ve spent sobbing are countless; but maintaining my mental health throughout it all without a visit to a psych ward makes me feel like I can accomplish anything; including loving this body even when it’s not at it’s best.
- We managed to overcome some huge hiccups in my family life that I wasn’t quite sure we were going to at first. Being a parent is by far the biggest challenge, and though I know there’s many more challenges to come; I am pleased that with the help of prayer, therapy and communicating, we’re in a better space.
- I went into business with two other women and we’ve created the ultra inclusive, empowering collective The Fluffy Girl Tribe. We are currently planning our first event for March and we’re super excited to be doing so.
I am 3 months away from turning 33, and that alone amazes me. If you only knew how many times in my life I had been suicidal, lost and without hope. The idea of 30 let alone 32 seemed so farfetched and out of reach at times. I know that I will constantly have to make changes in order to better myself as a Christian, a mother, a wife, a daughter and a sister. O but how sweet it is to be able to find the silver-lining in a playbook rife with the unknown and the seemingly impossible. I’d venture to say that 2017 wasn’t nearly as bad as it felt at times; and you know what? I’m good with that.